Tuesday, January 10, 2012

#23 - Fate

Time for a serious post! I have just been too lazy to think too much... Or rather, when I think too much, my mind just keeps trailing to things like death... And everytime that happens, I would wanna talk to V and see if she's okay. (I mean obviously she should be okay, but I just needed some reassurance to make me feel like, hey if she's fine, I'm okay if I suddenly die.) What crap am I talking man...

Anyway, yea, point is... Since work started, I have been meeting many people from very different backgrounds. Then it hit me recently that maybe I've been overestimating my ability to empathise. I mean, I have been in a school where almost 90% of the people are people whose lives have been blessed and fortunate, but these people only make up like, what? 0.01% of the world or sth? Anyway, the main point is, I've never actually felt so fortunate and blessed in my life before going to work.

I'm so blessed to have a brain that works really well for me. I'm so blessed to have a wonderful family, even though it is actually not exactly a complete one, but it is still a family. I'm so blessed to have a good education. I'm so blessed to have a house. I'm so blessed to have friends. So blessed for everything. And I go by everyday without feeling thankful. Why?

We're sometimes all so caught up in the little things in life that we forget how fortunate we all are, in one way or another, and especially so in that we are all alive and breathing and living. Not that it's bad to die... I mean, who knows what will happen... That's not the point.

I think it's really important to be thankful. Even if it feels like you have like a shitty fate, or like you've been through a lot... It'll always get better. Really. You have to believe in it and also in yourself for that to happen. No matter what it is, no one is actually more unfortunate than another. Because we are simply so different in many ways. How are we supposed to compare properly? Some people are just seemingly more unfortunate 'cos the circumstances that make them unfortunate are very obvious and in the face. Isn't it?

Hmm... Not sure what to say anymore...

Seriously have to pack the storeroom soon. And get ready for JC. This year, I shall be extra hardworking and focused so I can help V and also work at the same time.

I can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment