Saturday, June 25, 2011

#1 - Protection

I still need somewhere to rant after all. For someone like me who likes to "think too much", in a friend's words, it's impossible to contain all that thinking in my head.

My previous blog contained too many things I can't bear to remember, or rather, things I want to forget. Thus, a brand new blog! I really like the blogskin -- it's simple, elegant and straightforward. It's supposed to mean "pathway to heaven", but for me, it means the future is ahead of us.

What I have on my mind today is protection.

Protecting someone or something means to step forward and, in doing so, subject yourself to many obstacles and adversities. Protection means taking risks, being courageous, and doing all you can in order to prevent that someone or something you treasure from being harmed in any way.
However, more often than not, in times of desperation, people tend to forget the main point of protection. People forget to consider what the consequences of their actions are. People start to miss out on important things they could do that would better shield those they're protecting from harm. People think only from their point of view, and forget that they're actually doing this for someone else.

They fail to think logically and practically about what is really best for everyone.

Protection is not one-sided, but two-sided or even multi-sided. Before you choose to protect someone, think: does that person wish to be protected? Or, does that person really need your protection?

Providing protection can be a really noble and cool thing, but sometimes, overdoing it on your part and doing it of your own will and desire can cause protection to turn out uneffective and make matters worse.

I think I'm going in circles.

Point is, always be ready to protect those you love and treasure. There'll be times when they need to be shielded from harm, and you need to be prepared for that. But don't ever do more than what is needed, otherwise, it is not protection anymore. It will then become "overprotection".

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment