When I think journey, I think a few things:
1. Faithfully - Journey (band)
2. RGSSB
3. Everyday
1 is my newest piano obsession. I have no idea why I get so into piano scores when I can't play piano for nuts. But I like it when people play for me to listen to :)
My RGSSB journey is nearly over. (The only thing that's left is the official Farewell day.) It's hard to express so many years of experiences and emotions into words, but I'll try.
I still remember how I really loathed my sbm in Sec One -- I guess I was maybe a little proud because I had prior experience? And of course, because she was a freaking smart GEP-er. I have something against GEP-ers. Hate how they have unfair advantages and opportunities... I really loved RB practices and my batchmates :) Mr Ong FTW!
I think I annoyed some seniors in Sec Two >< Our batch was supposedly AP, but I guess it's kind of because we had a different school of thought, but things cleared up soon after. SYF with directs was one of the best things that can ever happen to me :) Our SB became closer because I guess I felt I had to be responsible and protective over V. One of my saddest moments in this journey -- farewell. I always felt Gloria and I had a really special bond :) There's still this element of respect for the senior, but there's this element of being buddies. I guess maybe I treat her as an older sibling? She's the best :)
Sec 3 is probably the most trying year in the 4 years (had to juggle a hell lot of things). I found joy in HSSRP and my class and so many other new things. But band-wise, preparing for Cadenza was one of most fulfilling moments in my life :) I was glad that I as given a chance for a solo and that I could perform with the very wonderful SLWW 2010 (Batch 10 - 12). NBC, SIBF... Wonderful times :) Perseus <3 elections... (more about this later)
Sec 4. Being SL and Commander. Being the SL is one of the best things that ever happened to me :) I love SLWW. I had to handle quite a few things... Claire quitting, Ngoc and Amber entering SLWW, new instructors... But I really, sincerely enjoyed being there for the section all the time. Commander-wise, I love footdrills and commanding :) I'll miss my dearest fellow commanders. Standing together, breathing to be in sync, commanding... :) Oh and SYF Band Camp. YI AN, YOU'RE THE BEST <3 :) Just too many things to say.
And Silver, Diana have been the best companions ever :)
When I tried to conduct a Handover session with Rachel, I realised I didn't know what to say. Then it struck me -- isn't that exactly why I decided on Rachel? To me, being an SL was really just about love for the section. Being willing to try new things for the section, bringing everyone together, organising everyone, being there for everyone, lending a listening ear... Everything that results from love. I ended up just telling her that it was really her personal choice how she wants to lead the section.
I shall tell her this soon -- just lead from your heart; your love will guide you to do the best things you can for the section :)
(Haha, so mushy! But I really meant what I said.)
I think this song is very apt wrt my RGSSB journey:
About my "everyday" journey... Will talk about it next time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment